Lancet Countdown 2019 London Report Launch Event
HOW IS CLIMATE CHANGE AFFECTING OUR HEALTH? HOW IS THE WORLD RESPONDING?
Climate change is undermining the foundations of good health; threatening the food we eat, the air we breathe, and the hospitals and clinics we depend on. However, the response to climate change could be the greatest global health opportunity of the 21st century.
This year has seen unprecedented levels of public and UN level engagement in climate change, but is the world responding quickly enough?
The Lancet Countdown 2019 report tracks the evolving health profile of climate change and provides an independent assessment of governments’ delivery of their commitments to tackle climate change.
We invite you to the 2019 report launch event where we will discuss our latest data on how climate change is affecting our health, the consequences of delayed action and the health benefits of a robust response.
AGENDA AND SPEAKERS:
A full agenda for the event will be available shortly. Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Richard Horton (Editor-in-Chief at The Lancet)
- Dr. Howie Frumkin (Head of Our Planet, Our Health at Wellcome)
- Dr. Nick Watts (Executive Director of the Lancet Countdown)
- Professor Elizabeth Robinson (University of Reading)
- Dr Diarmid Campbell-Lendrum (World Health Organization)
- Paul Drummond (University College London)
- Professor Hilary Graham (University of York)
Talks and presentations will take place from 2pm to 4.30pm, followed by a drinks and networking reception.