MJA-Lancet Countdown 2019 Canberra Launch Event
Climate change has emerged as a defining public health challenge of the 21st century. Find out how Australia has progressed on this challenge in 2019, and what action is still needed to prevent a significant risk of decline in human health. Hear from health experts, and be involved in our panel discussion.
A full agenda for the event will be available shortly. Confirmed speakers / panellists include:
- Professor Russell Gruen, Dean of the College of Health and Medicine, ANU
- Professor Mark Howden, Director of the Climate Change Institute, ANU
- Professor Sotiris Vardoulakis, National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health, ANU
- Dr Ying Zhang, Senior Lecturer, Sydney School of Public Health, University of Sydney
- Dr Ivan Hanigan, Data Scientist (Epidemiology), Sydney School of Public Health, University of Sydney
- Dr Arnagretta Hunter, Clinical Senior Lecturer, ANU Medical School
- Professor Sharon Friel, Director of the School of Regulation and Global Governance, ANU
The MJA-Lancet Countdown is a comprehensive assessment of progress on climate change and health in context of the Paris Agreement. Australia is part of this global initiative to track progress, and examines a range of indicators within the Australian context. The talks and panel discussion will conclude by 5pm, and you are invited to stay on and enjoy drinks and nibbles.
Share this news post
Share a link
Share the URL to this news post