MJA-Lancet Countdown 2019 Canberra Launch Event
Climate change has emerged as a defining public health challenge of the 21st century. Find out how Australia has progressed on this challenge in 2019, and what action is still needed to prevent a significant risk of decline in human health. Hear from health experts, and be involved in our panel discussion.
A full agenda for the event will be available shortly. Confirmed speakers / panellists include:
- Professor Russell Gruen, Dean of the College of Health and Medicine, ANU
- Professor Mark Howden, Director of the Climate Change Institute, ANU
- Professor Sotiris Vardoulakis, National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health, ANU
- Dr Ying Zhang, Senior Lecturer, Sydney School of Public Health, University of Sydney
- Dr Ivan Hanigan, Data Scientist (Epidemiology), Sydney School of Public Health, University of Sydney
- Dr Arnagretta Hunter, Clinical Senior Lecturer, ANU Medical School
- Professor Sharon Friel, Director of the School of Regulation and Global Governance, ANU
The MJA-Lancet Countdown is a comprehensive assessment of progress on climate change and health in context of the Paris Agreement. Australia is part of this global initiative to track progress, and examines a range of indicators within the Australian context. The talks and panel discussion will conclude by 5pm, and you are invited to stay on and enjoy drinks and nibbles.