Ireland launch of the 2019 Lancet Countdown report
THIS EVENT WAS ORIGINALLY DUE TO TAKE PLACE ON MARCH 27TH BUT IN LIGHT OF COVID-19 HAS BEEN POSTPONED TILL SATURDAY 1ST AUGUST 2020.
On Saturday 1st August from 6:00PM to 8:30PM in RCSI we invite those working in health (health policy, clinical practice, academia, etc.) to join us to explore the key findings from the latest Lancet Countdown Report and catalyse action and understanding of environmental health in Ireland and internationally.
The agenda will include:
- Keynote from Professor Karyn Morrissey an author of the Lancet Countdown report
- Presentation from Dr Ina Kelly Consultant in Public Health Medicine for the Department of Public Health
- Presentation from MSF/Doctors Without Borders on the impacts and adaptation strategies in humanitarian health contexts
- Presentation from Dr Callum Swift Associate Director of Irish Doctors for the Environment
- Panel discussion with experts, moderated by Hanna Phelan from the Médecins Sans Frontières Innovation Unit
- Networking reception